I wanted to get this dress finished to wear today - I'm going to the 60s exhibition at the Fashion and Textile museum in London.
I bought the fabric at the first, and so far only, Great British Sewing Bee Live event in London a couple of years ago so it isn't from deep stash, but I love it and wanted to get it made into a dress, so it's leapfrogged older fabrics. I also have a dress length of this in the olive colourway which I've had for much longer, so this year I'll get that sewn up too, ready for the autumn.
This is another Betty / Simplicity 3749 hybrid, the fifth in fact (the others are here, here and here), and the twelfth time I've used the Betty bodice. The first, and in fact only, Betty I made straight from the pattern I've passed on, because the fit really wasn't great. A shame, because I loved the fabric. Subsequently I tweaked the bodice about four times I think, to get a fit that I'm happy with.
And now I must away and get ready to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment