I bought this yarn last year with the intention of knitting this cardigan (I rarely have such specific plans in mind when I buy wool). I love the colour and thought it would work just as well on its own as with this top as part of a twin set - the stitch pattern is the same.
It's Eden Cottage Yarns Titus 4 - ply and is rather lovely. I bought this from a destash, not ECY, but they have lots of lovely colours (this one is called Stonecrop and is not on their website at the moment).
The construction is my standard for knitting a cardigan without a written pattern - body in one piece up to the armholes then fronts and back are knitted separately and seamed at the shoulders. Buttonband and neckband are picked up and knitted on, sleeves are picked up round the armholes and knitted down to the cuffs.
The buttons are vintage, I've had them for a while though so I can't remember where I bought them.
I'm really pleased with how this has turned out - here it is on its own,
and here it is photographed with the top linked to at the beginning of this post.
I hope to get lots of wear out of this one.




No comments:
Post a Comment