|Grey leaves dress|
Unfortunately... once it had been washed in the machine the interfacing came partially unstuck and took some fabric with it and there was a definite hole in the dress so I put it to one side knowing that it would need a more substantial repair. And it has stayed put aside for months. I was really quite pissed off about it because I love this fabric, I bought it ages ago in Ikea and of course they don't sell it now. I only bought one metre which is why the centre of the bodice is plain grey - there wasn't enough to make the whole dress out of it. I have got a few offcuts left over and I think I'll have to make a feature patch to sew on top of the offending hole - I haven't thought of any other way of making an invisible repair. If it had been a gatherered skirt I'd have unpicked it at the waist and just cut the back pieces narrower, but it isn't. I've ignored it all summer but since it's now definitely grey dress weather I think I need to get creative - maybe I'll cut out one of the leaves and applique it on - the hole is at the top of the back vent so I'm hoping this will look OK.
The second dress is from some fabric that I bought at Ditto in Brighton in the summer. I nearly bought it in a blue, but then spotted the pink and decided that I preferred that. This dress is an Elisalex bodice with an Emery skirt although without the pockets because I didn't have enough fabric. I love it, it's so summery - which means it's now been put away for the winter, but will make me smile when I unpack it next spring.
|Pink birds dress|