Thursday, 6 December 2018

50s print dress

I bought the fabric for this dress from Hammersmith Vintage Fair 3+ years ago and it's been sitting patiently waiting for me to make up my mind which pattern to use it for ever since.  I decided it was high time I stopped prevaricating, because I love the print and wanted to wear it.

So... it's another Simplicity 5510 / New Look 6824 combo.  It's also one of my #2018makenine challenge items.  I've actually only made three out of the nine this year - four if you count the Merlot cardigan (used the yarn, but not for its originally intended design).  Once again my enthusiasm exceeded the time available, but never mind, it did focus my mind on knitting and sewing from stash this year, which is largely what I've done.  I'll write more about this in my end-of-year round-up.


I love this dress and am very pleased I finally got around to sewing it!  And that's it now until after Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment