Monday, 24 April 2017

Toddler jumpers and 2016 sum up

My final knit of 2016 was this jumper for my grandson.  Yes, his name begins with 'B' ;-).  Despite editing, the colour isn't really right in this photo - the 'B' is navy and the red is a bit brighter, but every time I brightened the red the blue became even further from its original colour.



I used this pattern as a starting point although it has a lot of ease, so I measured an existing jumper and adapted the pattern accordingly.  I marked out the letter 'B' on graph paper and knitted using the intarsia method - my first, and so far only, time of doing this.

Whilst I'm catching up I also knitted him a stripey jumper earlier in the year.


This was loosely based on this pattern (although without the lace design obvs), which I'd knitted for my daughter when she was a tot.  I've been stashing knitting patterns for years ;-).


As I'm writing this in April 2017 I feel it's a bit been-and-gone to do a round up of 2016 really.  An eventful year, I was very glad of the creative outlet of being able to design and knit the ideas I can see in my mind's eye.  In summary, I made four dresses, two shawls, eight cardigans, four jumpers and two children's jumpers. I also ended the year with less yarn than I started with which I'm pleased about - I did a fair bit of destashing as well as knitting.  I'm not so sure about the fabric side of things, I think given that I only made four dresses I probably increased the size of my fabric stash!

And looking back to this post I see I only completed two cardigans and started one jumper from the projects I listed!  The others are still in my queue to be carried forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment