When I first came across this pattern I knew I would have to knit it - something about it just called to me. In the end though, because I didn't use the recommended yarn, all I used was the lace stitch pattern. Once I started knitting it became clear that, as written, it had mistakes (i.e. as far as I could tell the instructions didn't match the photos) so I had to spend some time working out what it should be in order to get the two fronts to be mirror images of each other.
Since I used the same yarn for this (Cascade 220) as for my red Ten of Hearts I used the same cast on stitch count, neckline shaping and sleeve construction as for that cardigan, although I think I made this one longer. And because it was such thick yarn it was a quick knit. I love the colour of this (Cyan Blue), but found it impossible to get accurate photos with my phone even after lots of editing.
Buttons from The Swagman's Daughter.


No comments:
Post a Comment