Saturday, 24 November 2018

#OAL2018 Pink Cardigan

Now for some knitting.  I'd had this cardigan pattern for a while and decided that now (well, back in June) was the time to knit it.  I don't think I'm often influenced by the colours used by pattern companies to illustrate their designs when I decide which wool to use, except perhaps for the Penelope cardigan, but I'm pretty sure I'd had this wool in my stash since before I bought the pattern, so maybe the pattern just gave me an idea of how it might look when knitted up.
Hayfield 960

I didn't actually follow the pattern directions really, just the stitch pattern.  And now I come to think of it, I don't think the pattern directions provided for the fronts to be mirrored, so I offset one side so that they would be.  My tension didn't match, I knitted the body in one piece up to the armholes, did fake side seams, lowered the front neckline, did short row shoulders, a plain back, and plain, top down sleeves.  The buttonband and neckband are picked up and knitted on. 
Shown with an rtw dress which I bought in Paris in May


The buttons I think I bought locally.


I'm really pleased with how it turned out, it's a very happy colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment