I finally succumbed to buying this pattern after seeing so many versions on Instagram of it that I liked - there was a bit of a palaver with the purchase though. I bought it from Sew Direct earlier in the year and when I took the pattern tissue out of the envelope to lay on the fabric ready to cut out I noticed several of the pieces had bits of printing missing - both grainlines and cutting lines. I have never had this happen with any pattern I have ever bought over decades of pattern buying. So I emailed Sew Direct to ask for a replacement and had to wait a while for one to arrive from the USA, because it turned out that all their UK stock had the same problem.

For the second version I cut a size 12 and didn't bother to line the bodice. I also cut the neckline a bit lower - partly because I bound it with bias binding so it didn't need a 5/8" seam allowance, but also to actually make it a bit lower - about an inch or so I think.


No comments:
Post a Comment