Friday, 29 May 2020

Felicia dress

Last summer I decided that I would like to make a few loose fit dresses for hot days when a dress with a fitted bodice is not the ideal choice.  This is a Tessuti Felicia and I bought it together with their Lisa dress, which I'd seen some lovely versions of on Instagram.  I hope to make one of those soon.


I've had fabric for a while and had originally planned to use it for something else, but I hadn't got around to that plan so I used it for this.


I followed the pattern instructions exactly except for the waistline seam which I did as 5/8" rather than 1/2" to make the gathering easier, and I did a 2 1/4" hem instead of 1 1/2".  It was a straightforward sew apart from the pockets, which, for a bit of top stitching, were more faff than I could be bothered with (although I did), so when I next make this pattern I'll just do straightforward pocket insertions.  I'm really pleased with it and it's going to be lovely and cool in hot weather - I hope the glorious sunshine we've had for the last three weeks continues into June, July and August!

No comments:

Post a Comment