OK, I'll start with the knitting plans. Having managed to knit entirely from stash during 2019 (apart from the Christmas jumper for my grandson), I'm planning to do the same again this year.
I'd like to knit two projects which are carried forward from last year - the pale yellow and pale green cardigans (here), and one from 2018 - the vintage V-striped top. Also, some more 1940s tops with lots of colours to use up the various part-balls of wool I have amassed over the years.
These are the patterns that are in the running
![]() |
| Your Victory jumper |
![]() |
| Rainbow jumper |
![]() |
| Waffle jumper |
![]() |
| Colourblock jumper |
I've seen several versions of the above three designs knitted by people I follow on Instagram and they look just fabulous - at the moment I'm not sure how I'll choose which colours to use!
I'd also like to knit another feather and fan top - again, not sure which colours I would use, and another Greta top, using an as yet undecided combination from the yarns below.
One of the fairisle patterns from Home Fires - I think aiming for more than one would be overoptimistic sadly;
a cabled cardi - there are currently two options in the running for this - Rowan Scottish Tweed 4 ply
for a pattern from Woman's Weekly 13 July 1940
and bright blue Drops Baby Merino, possibly for this pattern, but I might make a different cardi with this wool...
And a jumper from this gorgeous wool / silk mix yarn although I haven't decided on a pattern yet - possibly I'll make one up with the help of a stitch dictionary.
Currently I'm leaning towards reproducing this - from the first episode of series 5 of Foyle's War, but we'll see - it might end up being a much plainer design!
Also, a cardigan or jumper from this wool which I bought at Unravel a couple of years ago
A cream coloured plain jumper, probably from one of these patterns
Also a Cockatoo Brae cardigan by Kate Davies (maybe... might do it as a jumper instead), and a Minerva cardigan by Helene Arnesen.
There is absolutely no way I'll knit all of this in one year, but I hope to at least get some of it done!
Sewing
Well, as it turned out, I focused on sleeveless, pleated skirt dresses last year and suspect the same may happen again this year, but I would also like to make a couple of blouses, shirtdresses and the other items which were in last year's plan but didn't get sewn. As with the knitting I'm aiming to only sew from stash again this year.












No comments:
Post a Comment