Well, it's nearly May so time to get some plans written down for this year's Me Made May challenge.
This year I'm focusing on only knitting and sewing from stash, and for this year's challenge I'm aiming to sew six dresses. They will all be sleeveless and using patterns that I've sewn before, so the challenge won't be the sewing itself, but making the time to sew. I've got a lot going on in May, both workwise and with family and social stuff too. On the plus side timewise there are two bank holiday weekends though, so fingers crossed I'll be able to get them all made.
I'll be doing a wardrobe cull to make room for these new additions - I don't have limitless space for clothes!
I haven't decided exactly which pattern / fabrics combos I'll use, but the patterns will be
Bodices - Simplicity 2444, Butterick 5748 and Sew Over It Betty, all of which I've modified to (a) fit me and / or (b) suit my preference for scooped back necklines with a centre back zip.
Skirts - pleated will come from New Look 6824, or either of two vintage patterns Simplicity 3749 and Butterick 2248. Any straight skirts will use New Look 6824.
Fabrics from these below - as you can see there are more than six here, so they won't all get made during May, but photographing them has brought them to the top of the 'to make' pile!
I will also wear something me-made every day, and attempt to post daily photos on instagram...


No comments:
Post a Comment