I finished
a version of this earlier in the year and decided that I wanted one that actually looked like the picture on the pattern - this doesn't happen often, usually there's some small detail that I want to change in a pattern, whether it's the colour, the yarn, the shaping, the length...
I bought the yarn from
Wool Warehouse in Leamington Spa - I'd called in there and had a look at several of the Cascade 220 colours and ended up picking three - this one, enough for an
Agatha (so now I have
no excuse not to knit this pattern - this is the recommended yarn), and one other colour although I haven't quite decided which cardigan that will become.
 |
| And here's my version |
This was a very quick and easy knit because it's thick wool (well, for me anyway), although I did have to go down a needle size to get tension. And exceptionally, I actually got the same stitch and row tension as the pattern! Almost always one or other and usually both of these are different and I end up having to get the calculator out (or wing it and hope for the best, ssshhhh....). The lace pattern is easy to memorise, and the back and sleeves are plain stocking stitch, so the knitting was done in a week.
 |
| Easy to memorise lace |
I love the buttons - vintage ones from
The Swagman's Daughter and a perfect colour match - yay! It's always a bit of a leap of faith buying buttons online, because of the possibility that the colours will not be
exactly as they appear on my monitor, but I struck lucky with these.
 |
| Close up of the buttons |
All in all, I'm really pleased with how this has turned out and I can see me getting lots of wear out of it (I might even knit another version...).
 |
| And one more photo for good measure |
No comments:
Post a Comment